Saturday, April 16, 2016

Beth's beautiful "Fresh" quilt!

Beth made this beautiful quilt, the pattern is called "Fresh" and it is from Camille Roskelley's book Simply Retro.  I've wanted to make this quilt for awhile, and now I really want to make it!
This was such a fun quilt to quilt.  I used 4 different rulers to create this beautiful quilting design.
I used the -20- ruler from Linda at The Quilted Pineapple, her curve ruler set are my go to rulers when it comes to curves.  I also used her 16" straight ruler, which is the perfect width to grip without having the ruler slip back and forth as I quilt.  If you want to invest in some excellent rulers, definitely head over to Linda's shop.  You will not be disappointed.  I also used 5" and 7" circle rulers.  They are great for petals or orange peel designs.  I used a Antique Cream 30 tex perma core thread from A&E.  The batting is an 8020 Cotton/Poly blend. 
 
 I love how the simple lines around the block
 create a circular border around each block.
 I decided to add feathers in the star, which I think complement
the fabrics that Beth chose to use.  The fabrics are by 3 Sisters from Moda.
 A angled view.
 The back shows some great texture on this Joann's minky.
The orange peel design around the star was created with the 5" and 7" rulers,
I love how it adds an inner border of sorts around the star.  
 Love, love, love what quilting adds to a quilt!
 Close up on the block.

 This on point cross hatch design I already posted about, and I also did a video tutorial on my YouTube channel.  It used to be hard and not very fun to quilt the background parts on a block, but when we can quilt some fun designs like these...its so much more enjoyable.
Thanks for stopping by, and for all your kind comments!
The quilting community is a fabulous one.
Happy sewing!
~Leisha

No comments:

Post a Comment