Monday, September 12, 2016

Susan's "Swoon 16" quilt!

Susan made this fun "Swoon 16" quilt, pattern by Camille Roskelley
and made with Bonnie and Camille "Daysail" fabrics.
I've quilted a few other swoon quilts similar to this, but this one is a 16" block...which is my most favorite size to quilt, so the rulers I used to quilt it are a different size.
I used a 4" circle ruler for the inner star peel design.  I used a 5" circle ruler in all the house shapes, in the block.  I used the 7" circle ruler for the design I made in the background of the four corners of each block.  Lastly, I used a -12- curve ruler from Linda at The Quilted Pineapple.
 I wish I had better light for pictures...
 Fun for me to see the design as a whole.
 The design created in the center, where all the four corners meet...is my favorite!
I love how it looks with the curved lines in the sashing.
 Close up of the block and close up of the corners!!!!  Love it!

 I can see why so many people love the "swoon" quilt, especially this size!

Here is a video of me quilting the block continuous without having to stop and start new threads.  When I do ruler work or any custom work, I like to try and figure out the easiest and fastest path to quilting a block.  This video shows how I shuffle around the rulers as I quilt, which may be too much for you, the more you do it the easier it gets.  I love the look that ruler work gives a quilt.
 
 
 
For more video's check out my YouTube channel!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy sewing~!
leisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment