Monday, October 7, 2013

Client Sharing Day~! { Fall }

Welcome! 

I love what I do.  I get to meet quilters of all different kinds, with very different skills and tastes.  Here are a few of my recent clients quilts.  Enjoy!!
 
- Jeanne -


 This wall hanging was made by Jeanne.  She LOVES Halloween.  And I, love this.
 My current favorite thing to do, is add lots of texture without over quilting it.  Everything on this quilt is done freehand.  I used 8020 batting and a cream perma core thread.
I thought it would make the white sashing and black corner squares pop, if I quilted the small 9 patch inside in an arch and the lines in the orange background.  And, it did just that.
 Side angle view  
I love how the pebbles help all that hand embroidery jump up off of the quilt.  Jeanne did an amazing job with the handwork.  Click on the picture to get a closer look at the embroidery.
 
- Barbara -  
This is the front to a pillow.  I used a perma core thread and 8020 batting.  I love these paper pieced pumpkins.  They were designed by the amazing Kim over at Kimberbell designs.  Using the pumpkin I quilted a pumpkin inside to add to the texture and style of the pumpkin.  Adding swirls and leaves finish it off.  The squares needed something to break up the pumpkin and border, and I wanted to do more than just cross hatch it, so I did some arch's similar to the angles in the pumpkin.  And then leaves in the black border.  The golden tan thread I used ties all the fabrics together and adds a fun accent to the pillow front.
 
- Rhonda -
This halloween wall hanging was made by Rhonda and designed by Kim of Kimberbell Designs.

These little cuties are not like the paper pieced pumpkin, but they sure are cute.  I quilted lines and swirls inside the pumpkins to add to the texture.  To help the quilt continue to flow, I quilted arch's in the on point squares as well. 

 
 The best way to dress up a nine patch on a Halloween quilt, a spider web.  There is also some modern quilting in the strip of fabric next to the 9 patch, and some stippling in the broom and hat background.
 
Love this crooked little house, next to a cute little mummy face.  Kim really thought about everything.
 a side view for a glance at all that texture.
 
 - Sharon -
Remember the pillow front made by Barbara above, this is the quilt designed by Kim from Kimberbell Designs, that the pillow was inspired from.  I've made this quilt with other fabrics, and those cute pumpkins can get quite addicting to make.  This was my first paper piece project. 
 
I used a golden tan perma core thread and 8020 batting.  A top view of the pumpkins, with a little of the borders.
Side view
 In the squares we decided it would be best to do an all over pattern.  I chose a pattern that has feathers and swirls.  It really dresses up the quilt.
Love the colors and fabrics she chose.
 A feather border with a echoed wave finishes off this quilt perfectly.
 
Thank you for stopping by, check back soon for more quilts and ideas. 
~ leisha

No comments:

Post a Comment